With the support of the Isaac Newton Trust we are initiating a small projects fund to foster innovative and interdisciplinary research in the language sciences. This is the first tranche of funding for what we hope will be an ongoing programme. A total of £10K is available in this round, which will be allocated to 2-3 projects.
The projects awarded funding will be selected by a sub-committee of the Language Sciences Executive Group. They will prioritise proposals which:
- Promote interdisciplinary exchange and collaboration
- Address emerging themes
- Develop novel methodological approaches or tools
- Are likely to lead to the development of further research grant proposals.
- Each proposal should be submitted by co-applicants from at least 2 different research groups.
- Applicants must be full members of the University of Cambridge for the duration of the project.
- Postdoctoral researchers are eligible in principle, but should check with their department.
- Travel costs and workshops/events will not be funded under this scheme.
- Projects must be completed within 6 months of notification of the award.
- Successful applicants will be required to present their projects at the Language Sciences Symposium in November 2017.
Please return your application to Jane Walsh, email@example.com, with a supporting letter from your research supervisor (where applicable), by 20 January 2017
Projects will be selected by 10 February 2017.